It’s beginning to look a lot like…well, actually this holiday season looks way different from holidays past. Yet the season of giving is still strong, especially as families and friends hunker down once more and find more meaningful ways to connect. And after eight months of pandemic shopping via social media, streamlining our online grocery carts, and memorizing our credit card numbers, sending gifts has never been easier.
We’ve compiled a 2020 Holiday Gift Guide featuring food and beverage gifts that will perk up pandemic life, whether your loved ones are cooking at home, baking at home, drinking at home, or getting fit…at home.
Now, all we need is just to teach grandma how to unmute herself during the family Zoom meetings.
FESTIVE FUN: Getting in a holiday mood
- Legally Addictive Foods: Holiday party packs of their scrumptious chocolate-covered cracker, including extra-extra winter peppermint.
- Haus: The bespoke apertif brand is offering limited edition gift packaging.
- Burlap & Barrel: A specialty spice set called the Holiday Feast Collection will bring joy to the new home chef in your life.
- Offblak: The British brand’s “Oh Christmas Tea gift set has 36 tea bags in 3 different flavors, all meant to put Christmas in your mouth. And it comes with a spill-proof travel cup too.
#BAKELIFE: Because everyone has baked something in 2020
- Little Red Kitchen Bakeshop: New for the holidays is a hot chocolate mix but the blondie & brown gift sets and DIY cookie mixes are great gifts too.
- King Arthur x Vital Farms: These two companies collabbed on a Bake it Forward” ginger molasses cookie set that includes coupons for Vital Farms eggs and butter, King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour and special gift packaging to wrap your treats.
- Farmsteady: If you know someone who hasn’t yet mastered sourdough in quarantine, this kit will send them on their way. Sourdough breadmaking kit.
BOXING DAY: Everything is better in a fun box
- Red Boat Fish Sauce: Yes, the fish sauce you reach for during cooking has a gift box and it’s brilliant.
- Brightland: Mini-bottles of this artisan olive oil have mini artworks on them and the box.
- Truff: This uber-cool hot sauce has a variety pack of its stylish bottles nestled into an equally stylish box.
WELLNESS: More important than ever
- Provenance Meals: Giving the gift of health is easy through digital gift cards for Provenance’s meal kits.
- Beekeper’s Naturals: Keep everyone’s immune system buzzing by gifting them with sustainably sourced honeys and therapeutic blends.
- Prevail Jerky: Healthy, tasty, jerky as a stocking stuffer? YES, totally. And you can customize it with their new 8-pack offering.
TRAVEL INSPO: Because we all have wanderlust now
- Culinary Backstreets: This tour company compiled local treats often tasted on their guided tours, but now available for you at home.
- Mr Bing Chili Crisp: With a recipe honed in Beijing and now crafted in New York, this chili crisp adds spice to your every day life.
- Driftaway Coffee: Take a trip around the world…through a coffee subscription with Driftaway.
COMFORT FOODS: Still need gonna need a lot of these in 2021
- Humblenut Butter: Putting a new twist on nut butters, Humblenut’s savory concoctions are a total treat.
- Pipcorn: A holiday sample pack is now on offer with 3 flavors of every type of Pipcorn snack. Not included: your own Netflix subscription.
- Trade Street Jam Co.: The Jamily Gift set includes six tasty jams, a Sweet Potato Biscuit Mix and a cute tote to carry it in.
- Flying Embers Hard Kombucha: Yes, we are qualifying hard kombucha as a comfort food now. Flying Embers has a great limited edition holiday set to try (although shipping is limited.)
Have a fun holiday gift idea to share? Let us know where we can buy it! Email us at [email protected]