The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to be top news this week as new cases are reported, and as more cities go on lock down. While the impact of the virus affects all industries, the effect it has had on food business is extraordinary. From stores struggling to keep shelves stocked, to makers unable to produce product, we are living in uncertain times.
Here are 5 stories to know about how this surreal time is affecting the food & beverage world:
- COVID-19: Inventory planning the name of game as sales of food staples surge (Food Navigator USA)
- Sales are up at supermarkets. But that brings new problems for the grocery industry (L.A. Times)
- The U.S. Is Shutting Down. For Walmart, It’s Time to Step Up (Yahoo Finance)
- L.A. restaurants temporarily flipping to corner stores (timeout.com)
- Coronavirus grocery shopping: Here’s what people aren’t buying (Slate Magazine)